- Be ready for what you don’t want to hear. It’s not guaranteed that your answers will be what you want. But if you are open to hearing what spirit you wants you to know, then they will also tell you how to deal with the bad news, or if there is any way to reverse the bad news, and/or serendipity (a better outcome than you even expected that is coming in a way you didn’t know how to imagine). We sometimes lock ourselves into beliefs that only “this or that” can possibly make us happy. That is a danger. We must trust what divine order has for us.Believe it or not, there are actually the few souls who truly do not want to see the truth and for those people, these tips are not for you. Sometimes people call a psychic line but they don’t really want anything but to try to cause trouble to either the company or the reader, or both. We bless them on their way.
- Psychic readings of all kinds are a communication with “spirit” or guides in the spirit realm. This is a transferring of energy. Because of this special energy it is important for it to flow naturally. Ideally, you do not want to be driving, conducting business while having a reading, eating or at a drive-through (yes that's happened to me) or anything else that inhibits the flow. A superstition states to also not cross your arms or legs during a session. Your card reader or clairvoyant should already not be doing this.
- Have your most important questions already formulated in your mind. Phone readings, unlike in-person sessions, do not allow for the great time it takes to lay out a full 72 card spread to tell you what is happening in full detail. We usually work with 3 to 7 cards to glimpse the recent past, the now, and the near future. Some may want to see further out than the near future (up to 6 months) and that usually always brings clear answers when the question is unambiguous and specific. But, more often than not, the further out in time (6 months or more) the more unclear or hazy the reading becomes. Many outside events or other choices tend to make that far out more difficult. Readings are never confusing when the questions are clear
- When giving your background to a situation, as many people like to do but is rather unnecessary, give the other person’s first name early on. I for one, begin tuning it at the start but it’s easier with a first name as oftentimes there are more than one boyfriend or love interest in the picture. If you wait until you’re all finished with your question before divulging the first name then it only lengthens your call time more than it may have been necessary.
- Be open and receptive. That may sound too simple but it’s key. There are those skeptics who start off their session with an “I don’t believe this”, closed-off mind-set. And so, (you guessed it) their session takes longer to reach their answers. Spirit or spirit guides will flood us with information if they are allowed to--but they must first be asked to do so. Only when you give permission to let spirit bring you information will it come. And when it comes, it flows.
- Don’t rush. If you are speaking a mile a minute it causes a disruption to the energies. We realize that the clock is ticking, but having to ask a client to repeat their words obviously takes more time than speaking clearly to begin with. Be relaxed so the flow can happen, and your reading will actually take less time. When asking about different people, I get the most accuracy when I shuffle their energies into the deck. This way gives you the most information rather than just pulling a card or two like some advisors do.
- Check out the advisor’s website or listing. Maybe you want a card reader or maybe you didn't. Get an idea for their reading style before calling someone you might be disappointed with.